Saturday, May 26, 2007

Congratulations to New Land Baron Roy Zahn

After 10 years on the central coast Roy T. Zahn, of Ecolab has joined the ranks of homeowner. Or as Roy says,"Land Baron-Married to a Mortgage".

Roy and I both moved to the Monterey Peninsula in 1997. I moved South from the San Francisco Bay Area and Roy moved North from the L.A. area.

Monterey moves at a different pace than either of those places, and we became friends while working together and acclimating to the pace.
I switched jobs after a year or so of being here and my previous employer went angrily after Roy, claiming conflict of interest because we were friends. We continue to be friends and have so much more to discuss in this world than whose using whose bleach.

Roy's job, although still with Ecolab has changed over the years, I think he is now like a "pool boy" or something. Skimming leaves and adjusting chlorine levels I suppose.


My daughter Trisha, my son Clayton and I got a chance to help Roy move this weekend from his two bedroom rental in Sand City to his brand, spanking new 3 bedroom 3 bath in Newman. It's a little bit more of a commute to the Peninsula for him, but he enthusiasm for his new home town is quite evident. We got to tour his neighborhood and cruise Main Street (In a Budget rent a truck)

Congratulations Roy!

No comments: