Friday, June 29, 2007
Monterey Public Library 3rd Annual Chocolate & Wine Tasting Benefit
Don't miss the most delicious fundraiser in town when the Friends of the Monterey Public Library hold their 3rd annual Chocolate & Wine Tasting on Thursday, July 19, 7-9 p.m. in the Library. Enjoy delectable chocolate cakes, cookies, candies, fondue, molé, and ice creams and sample delicious wines produced right here in Monterey County from Ventana, Hahn, Pianetta, and Blackstone wineries. The event features announcement of the Best (chocolate) Cookie baking contest, live music, door prizes. And how cool is it to party in the library after hours?
Tickets are $25 in advance at the Check out desk or $30 at the door. $20 is tax deductible and all net proceeds benefit the Monterey Public Library. Must be 21 to attend. For information call 831.646.5601.
Best Chocolate Cookie Contest
(*any kind of cookie that contains chocolate)
1. Bring 2 dozen of your homemade *chocolate cookes on a disposable plate, and the recipe to the Monterey
Public Library Check out Desk (625 Pacific Street, Monterey) on Wedensday, July 18, 2007 between
10 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
2. Do NOT put your name on anything! You will sign in and receive a number to identify your entry.
3. Cookies will be judged on taste, appearance, texture, originality, and the amount of chocolate.
4. Winners will be announced on Thursday, July 19 at the Chocolate & Wine Tasting Event sometime
between 7:00 and 9:00 p.m.
5. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places, and an honorable mention.
6. Leftover cookies will be served to party guests.