Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Carrot Beet Ginger Coleslaw


It’s Tuesday night and that means Farmer’s Market on Alvarado Street in Monterey. I just stopped in for some field greens and ended up with field greens, yellow and green beans, candy striped beets, carrots, and celery.

This morning I had visited the Silva Sausage processing plant in San Jose, so dinner was going to involve garlic chicken apple sausage and the quinoa I made the night before.

After feeding the kids I peeled and shredded the beets, carrots and some ginger and made carrot beet coleslaw for tomorrow. It was good (based on my quality checks), the only draw back was I went a little heavy on the ginger, and will pare that down next time.

Carrot Beet Ginger Coleslaw
Shred 3 beets 3 carrots and a tsp size of peeled ginger
Chop about 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley

Dressing
2 Tblspn Dijon Mustard
4 Tblspn Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp sugar
½ Tsp salt
2 Tablspn Oil Oil
¼ Tsp White Pepper
Cracked black pepper to taste

Pour dressing over salad and toss.

No comments: