Amazin' Glazes. Fire up the barbecue and offer customers summertime specials of grilled poultry and ribs glazed with one of the Honey Board's tantalizing recipes.
Honey Pecan Barbecue Glaze- Makes 24 servings -
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons poblano peppers, diced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder, dark
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1/3 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
2 Tablespoons honey
1 cup red wine vinegar
3 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons catsup
1. Saute onion in oil until translucent.
2. Add poblano pepper and garlic, saute 2 minutes.
3. Add brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, rosemary and warm pecans. Continue cooking 2-3 minutes to develop flavors.
4. Add honey, vinegar, chicken stock and catsup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
5. Add salt to taste and adjust seasonings. Strain, cook and cover.