6 slices Patuxent Farms Thick-cut apple wood smoked bacon USPN #8335937, diced.
1-1/2 pounds Stockyards Angus Beef Chuck USPN #6554265, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 tablespoon Monarch chili powder USPN #760166
2 teaspoon Monarch ground cumin USPN #760629
2 tablespoon Brian’s Foglifter Bean Seasoning, See Below*
4 medium onions, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
28oz Roseli Peeled Tomato Strips USPN #1356377 with juices
2 quarts beef broth
1-1/2 quarts more water
3 - 15 oz cans US Blue White Bean Rinsed #3329927
3- 15 oz cans US Blue Pinto Beans Rinsed #6332332
3-15 oz cans US Blue Dark Red Kidney Beans Rinsed #2329183
7 tablespoons light brown sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
In a heavy stockpot over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until the fat is completely rendered and the bacon is crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
Remove the bacon using a slotted spoon and set on the side for munching on while preparing the chili.
Add the cubed chuck, chili powder, cumin, and Brian's Foglifter Bean Seasoning to the hot rendered fat in the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is well browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the onions, bell pepper, garlic and oregano and cook until soft, another 5 minutes.
Add the tomato strips, beef broth, water and beans and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer, partially cover the pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat and beans are tender and sauce is thick and flavorful, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, adding more liquid if the sauce gets too thick before the beans are tender.
When the beans are tender and sauce is thickened, add the brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard and cook until thick and flavors have come together, about 20 to 30 minutes longer.
Brian’s Foglifter Bean Seasoning
• 2 tablespoons Monarch chili powder USPN #760166
• 2 teaspoons Monarch ground cumin USPN #760629
• 2 tablespoons Monarch paprika USPN #760587
• 1 teaspoon Monarch black pepper USPN #6501175
• 1 tablespoon Monarch ground coriander USPN #760181
• 1 teaspoon Monarch cayenne pepper USPN #760611
• 1 tablespoon Monarch garlic powder USPN #2501161
• 1 teaspoon Monarch crushed red pepper USPN #760462
• 1 tablespoon US Blue Kosher Salt USPN #773473
• 1 tablespoon Monarch dried oregano USPN #760850
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 1/2 cup