Sunday, October 14, 2007
Pine Nut Shrimp In Butternut Sauce
From Zjelka Boyd at Contessa Seafood
Pine Nut Shrimp in Butternut Sauce
• 4 cups butternut squash, cut into one-inch cubes
• 5 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
• Black pepper, freshly ground
Pine Nut Butter Ingredients
• 1 cup pine nuts
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 2 small cloves garlic
• 2 pinches salt
• 24 ounces Contessa large uncooked shrimp
• 1/2 cup basil, thinly sliced
• 4 tablespoons pine nuts
• Wooden skewers or rosemary twigs
In a medium saucepan combine butternut squash and heavy whipping cream. Simmer until cream thickens and squash becomes soft. Remove from heat. Puree in a food processor, then return mixture to saucepan on low heat. Season with spices and keep warm.
Pine Nut Butter Steps
Combine ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until mixture forms a smooth paste.
Thaw shrimp per instructions on package. Coat shrimp with pine nut butter and place in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté for 2 1/2 to 4 minutes. Shrimp will turn light orange outside and opaque white inside when fully cooked.
Pour 1 cup sauce into wine or martini glasses. Skewer shrimp and place into sauce. Garnish with basil and pine nuts.