2 Cups Ribs Celery, Chopped
2 Cups Onions, Chopped
2 Cups Carrots, Chopped
1 Cups of Fennel, Chopped
2 Sprigs of Tarragon
3 Sprigs of Thyme
10 Black Peppercorns
4 Tblsp. Tomato Paste
½ Tblsp. Paprika
½ Cup Brandy
½ Cup White Wine
¼ Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup of Cream
6 Cups Lobster Stock
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Enough Roux needed to thicken.
1. Saute the Celery, onions, carrots, fennel, thyme, and peppercorns together in 2 Tblsp. of oil until soft.
2. Add the paprika and allow to cook until incorporated.
3. Add the tomato paste and stir in.
4. Add the White Wine and reduce by half.
5. Add the Brandy and reduce by half.
6. Add the Orange Juice and Cream and bring to a simmer.
7. Transfer all ingredients to a large stock pot and add the Lobster Stock.
8. Whisk in enough roux until the bisque reaches the desired thickness.
9. Strain through a fine sieve and serve with crème fraiche.