Sunday, October 7, 2007

Oven Roasted Halibut With Fresh Tomato Basil Salsa

Sea Harvest Fish Markets have been a customer of mine since 2000. They were a tough nut to crack, as they say. The Derelye Brothers (and sister) have been in the seafood business for years as fishermen, processors, distributors, restaurateurs, and caterers.

Saturday I managed to short Chef Mario at the Moss Landing store 7 of the 8 fryer shortenings that he ordered. I made a drive to Smart and Final to retrieve the Shortening to recover my error, and drove up to Sea Harvest. The parking lot was packed and every seat was full. Chef had 5 separate specials on a chalk board, the most interesting of which was a Monterey Sardine Bruschetta. (I just received a recipe from a friend of mine that I haven't made yet).

After my delivery I brought home a package each of shrimp, scallops, local halibut, and salmon. I figured this should hold me for a couple days.

Tonight I oven roasted the halibut with "just harvested from the backyard" tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, zucchini and jasmine rice. (Okay the rice came from a bag.)

¾ Lb Halibut Fillet
2 small tomatoes diced
1 tblsp fresh basil chopped
1 tblsp fresh oregano
2 or 3 garlic cloves minced
1 tblsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste.

Combine ingredients, and spread on top of halibut. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Serve over rice with fresh garden veggies on the side.

No comments: