• 4 Large Stock Yards boneless short ribs # 6335418
• 1 cup Optimax canola oil # 716175
• 2 cups red wine
• ½ cup Connoisseur Melba Sauce
• 2 cup mire poix (onion, carrot & celery)
• 3 cups Classic Tureen beef stock # 7333362
• 3 cup Culinart veal demi glace sauce # 6276737
• 2 cups Monarch frozen blackberries # 4392155
• Salt and pepper
Season the beef with salt and pepper, brown in the Optimax oil till
golden brown. Add mire poix and cook for 10 minutes. Deglaze the pan with red wine, then add beef stock and cook for 15 minutes. Place pan in a 300° F oven for two hours. Remove the ribs from the roasting pan and aside. Reduce the cooking liquids in half, add 1 cup of blackberries, melba sauce and the veal demi glace sauce. Cook for 10 minutes till the sauce has thickened, return the short ribs and finish cooking for 10 more minutes.
Plate by carefully place a short rib on a serving platter, spoon on the mire poix over the rib. Ladle 2-3 oz. of the sauce over the rib. Garnish with remaining blackberries.