Monday, December 17, 2007
Available From US Foodservice SF Amish Turkey
Peacock's Poultry Farm was founded in 1928 by George Peacock, and has continued as a family owned and operated business. Run by George, then his son Edsel, and today his grandson Gerald. In the early days, turkeys, chickens, and pigs roamed free on the 10 acre farm in Troy, Michigan. At that time, most of the products sold at the farm were actually raised, slaughtered and packaged on the site. Due to the growing demand for the high quality products for which Peacock's had become known, other sources were needed to fill the flood of orders.
In 1970, Edsel Peacock was looking for a reliable source of farm-raised poultry and beef that met Peacock's high standards.Someone put him in touch with the Amish in Indiana. This was the beginning of a long relationship between Peacock's and the Amish farmers, which continues today. The most important factor being that the chickens, turkeys, ducks, and beef are raised and sold without any chemicals or preservatives.
Today Peacock's is run by Gerald, his wife Merilyn, and their daughters Lora & Cyndi. The farm has gone through many changes since 1928, but the high quality and outstanding service remains the same.
Naturally Raised In The Traditional Amish Manner
Amish chickens are all natural. NO growth hormones ... NO preservatives ... just great tasting chicken in the Amish tradition's. These chickens also have less fat and more meat. That's because the chickens are not force fed. They grow at their own pace to stay tender and lean. And that means more great tasting chicken for your money.
Amish chickens are raised in open, spacious houses with plenty of fresh air and water. That way, they grow healthy and are delivered to your store firm and white, not yellow.
What We Do
1. We hand process every chicken fresh everyday.
2. We use pure water for cleaning and chilling from our own wells.
3. We use low-fat feed so our chickens have more meat and less fat.
4. We grow our chickens slower so they taste better and are healthier.
5. We raise our chickens in the natural, traditional Amish manner.
6. We take pride in our work, and make sure we deliver the best poultry available anywhere.
What We Don't Do
1. We don't use preservatives.
2. We don't use chlorine.
3. We don't use growth hormones, or stimulants.
4. We don't ship our chickens cross-country so they get old before you get them.
5. We don't compromise on quality or good taste.